News Article
News Article Image
Oct 11, 2019 | Angel Barbisan | 1420 views
Sault Major wants teams to know that it is the teams’ responsibility to ensure that all activities at a fundraiser are licensed.

This includes anything that falls under the AGCO (Alcohol & Gaming commission).

If you hold your fundraiser onto one of the area First Nations, it is up to the team to get permission from the Band to use their license to operate any type of gaming activity, including raffles or draws.

Social Media is a great way to promote your event but remember, what you put on social media is there for SMHA and AGCO to see.

SMHA has a license with the AGCO for the 50/50 draws that we run at the Greyhound games, and anything you do without a license can/will jeopardize that license; therefore SMHA will enforce the rules set by the AGCO.

Other unlicensed fundraisers that are not allowed, include selling squares on a board for the score of games ie: Superbowl squares or Hockey game squares, 50/50 draws at your games. Anything else that requires a license under the AGCO.

Thank You

Sault Major Hockey Association